We are excited to incorporate patient portal technology for our patients at Saskatoon Naturopathic Medicine.
This technology will give you secure access to confirm appointments, see your scheduled appointments and appointment history, and fill in forms. In the future you will be able to access treatment plans, lab results, prescriptions, and handouts from your doctor.
We feel that this will add huge value to our clinic! It will allow you as a patient to feel more involved with your health journey, and more connected to your doctor’s information and services.
Setting Up Your Patient Portal Account:
When you receive your appointment confirmation email (please check your inbox and junk mail), you can then set up an account with patient portal. If you scroll to the bottom of your reminder email, there are two buttons. One says “Patient Portal Signup Instructions,” which is the instructions on how to set up your patient portal account (or see below). The other says “Go to the Patient Portal,” which will take you to the setup page for your patient portal account.
If you don’t have your appointment confirmation email handy, you can also go to https://www.smartnd.ca and click the Patient Portal button.
Step 1: Set Up Patient Portal
- You should see the following screen
- Click “Create a free account now”
- Fill out all of the required fields (First name, Last name, Phone number, Email, Password)
- Make sure the email used is the same email you provided to the practitioner
- Click Sign Up
You will be re-directed to the following screen. You MUST confirm your email by logging into your email account and clicking the verification link before proceeding. Check your inbox and junk mail! Once you have verified that this is the correct email, you can log into your Patient Portal.
- Once you click the verification link in the email sent, you will be redirected to the login screen again.
- Enter your email and password that you just created, and click Login.
Step 2: Fill Out Your Patient Information
- Patients must fill out all of the required information to have access to the rest of the portal. Fill out the required fields and select ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom left.
- After this is filled out the patient can view, fill out and submit intake forms and access the rest of the patient portal.
Click this link for more information on how to use the patient portal’s functions. https://www.smartnd.ca/blog/5-2-welcome-to-the-patient-portal/